(As seen on the back cover)
- Plan and run a successful event – from conferences and exhibitions to festivals
- Tackle everything from the creative brief to health and safety
- Get through ‘show’ day with your sanity intact
- Measure and build upon the success of your event
Your A-to-Z guide from a top industry professional
Whether you’d like to break into the booming event industry, or you’ve been tasked with organising an event for work or socially and don’t have a clue where to start, this book has you covered. Written by the Managing Director of one of London’s top event companies, it’s packed with expert tips, hints and checklists, and covers all aspects of planning and running an event – from budgeting, scheduling and promotion, to finding a location, sorting security, health and safety and much more.
- Take your first steps – start out by deciding what kind of event you want to put on, researching your audience and putting together a realistic budget
- Design an experience – discover how to craft an event’s ‘message’ and create a truly memorable occasion – with tips on selecting the right creative content and entertainment
- Manage the nitty-gritty – from location to deliveries, health and safety to paperwork, learn how to successfully handle the million-and-one details involved in an event
- Plan for the worst – get the lowdown on potential problems and how to avoid them, and what to do to stop them from ruining an event, should they occur
- Tackle event day and beyond – keep everything running smoothly on the day, learn to measure the success of your event and build on that success with post-event marketing
Open the book and find:
- Priceless tips, hints and checklists
- How to tailor the event to your audience
- Guidance on budgeting, scheduling, promotion and location
- Advice on technical production, catering and entertainment
- Important health, safety and security information
- The types of suppliers you need in your address book – and must-have items to keep in your ‘event kit’
- Insider information on building a career in event management
Laura Capell is Managing Director of Sledge Ltd, one of the most successful events companies in London. Her unique ability to understand brands and how people want to interact with them has seen Laura work with some of the biggest brands around, delivering award-winning service. Laura was voted one of the top young industry professionals by Conference & Incentive Travel magazine.
Why We Suggest: This book provides exactly what it says. The tips and checklist are very helpful in getting you organized as well as helping you with budgeting and promotions. It is worth having on your reference shelf.