Title: The Daffodils Still Grow: A Book for Grieving Daughter
Author: Sherri Elizabeth Tidwell
Publisher: Mascot Books
Genre: Children’s Picture Book
The Daffodils Still Grow is a full-color illustrated book that portrays life after a loved one dies as seen from the observations of a motherless child. “Beautiful and inspiring.”
For More Information
- The Daffodils Still Grow is available at Amazon.
- Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.
- Watch a narrated video of the book at YouTube.
- Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.
The Daffodils Still Grow was inspired by diary entries of the author/illustrator, Sherri Elizabeth Tidwell, after the death of her mother when she was 14. “My mother committed suicide when I was 14, and after nearly a year of crying and hurting, I was surprised — almost shocked — to see the daffodils she planted right before her death still bloom again. It was a big wake-up call to me that, even though she was gone, I could still carry on without her FOR her. Somehow, our loved ones still find a way of communicating with us when we need it the most.” Sherri Elizabeth now attends Seton Hill University’s MFA program in Writing Popular Fiction. She has a BA in both communications and studio arts from Austin Peay State University. She hopes that every parent will know how irreplaceable and loved they are to their children and that every child who has lost a parent will know they are not alone. Remember, the daffodils still grow!
- For More Information
- Visit Sherri Elizabeth Tidwell’s website.
- Connect with Holly on Facebook and Twitter.
Sherri Elizabeth Tidwell is giving away a The Daffodils Still Grow T-shirt!
Terms & Conditions:
- By entering the giveaway, you are confirming you are at least 18 years old.
- One winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter to receive one The Daffodils Still Grow t-shirt
- This giveaway begins February 1 and ends April 29.
- Winners will be contacted via email on April 30.
- Winners have 48 hours to reply.
Good luck everyone!